July 24, 2023 – United States Representative Clay Higgins issued the following press release:
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Clay Higgins (R-LA) announced that his office has secured $26,860,000 million in the annual appropriations bills for fiscal year 2024. The U.S. House of Representatives is working to bring all 12 appropriations bills up for consideration in the coming weeks.
If enacted, the bills would provide:
- $3,000,000 to the Port of Lake Charles for the modernization of the facility’s cargo handling infrastructure.
- $1,750,000 to Lafayette Utilities Service for expediting the city’s galvanized water line replacement program.
- $3,000,000 to West Calcasieu Port for a three-phase project that will update the port’s infrastructure to better support marine transportation.
- $1,500,000 to Lafayette Regional Airport for the demolition and reconstruction of Taxiway B to improve its sustainability and rideability.
- $700,000 to Lake Charles Regional Airport for traffic improvements in front of the passenger terminal.
- $7,911,000 to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for operations and maintenance on the Mermentau River, including $500,000 for Schooner Bayou.
- $3,275,000 to LSU-Eunice to transform the original science building on campus into a Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture, and Mathematics Innovation Center.
- $1,000,000 to the City of Jennings to improve traffic flow and increase safety in front of the airport at the LA 26 and Frontage Road intersection.
- $1,750,000 to St. Mary Parish for rehabilitation and upkeep of sewer lift stations in the towns of Patterson and Baldwin.
- $2,3000,000 to Morgan City Harbor and Terminal District for improvements and enhancements to the port’s Emergency Operations Center.
“A tremendous amount of work went into our efforts to provide project-specific funding for Louisiana’s 3rd District,” said Congressman Higgins. “These projects are critical for South Louisiana’s economic prosperity. My office will continue to work within the Congressional appropriations process to deliver wins for Louisiana.”