The latest project for the Kiwanis Club of Broussard and Youngsville gearing up for their next service drive. This drive one is to provide a birthday box to area children having birthdays as they want all kids to be able to celebrate their special day.
Items (listed below) are being collecting as donations to assemble the birthday boxes, which will then be distributed through local food pantries.
The Kiwanis group states, “We are happy to announce our next service drive! Every year many of us celebrate our birthdays in one way or another. We have decided that we would like to reach as many children and help them get the same experience as many of us do without the blink of an eye. Through research we have found that you can replace the oil and eggs in a cake recipe with a carbonated soda! Below is a list of items we will be collecting throughout this drive. With these donations we will be assembling boxes to donate to the local food pantries each month. We are excited to bring joy to these children and help them celebrate their birthdays!”
Items needed to create a birthday box
- 9″x13″ disposable aluminum pans
- cake mix – any flavor
- frosting – any flayer
- 12 ounce can of soda
- packs of birthday candles
- sprinkles of other cake decorations
- small toys, games
- small packs of colorful party supplies
- paper cups
- Party decorations
- birthday cards
A donation of $10 will provide one birthday kid with a celebration box.
Drop Off Locations
- Preferred Lending Solutions, 104 Albertson Parkway, Suite 1, Broussard, LA
- Home Bank, 1219 Albertson Parkway and 100 Albertson Parkway, Broussard LA
- Ann Raush State Farm, 810 South St. Blaise, Suite 4, Youngsville, LA