Established in 2023, the Rotary Club of Youngsville Scholarship Program awards two (2) $1,000 scholarships (boy and girl) to eligible students graduating from high schools in Youngsville and attending a 4-year university and two (2) $500 scholarships (boy and girl) to eligible students graduating from high schools in Youngsville and attending a Tech-type or 2-year post-secondary institution.
The Scholarship Program provides financial support for continuing education to graduating high school students that possess academic potential and a desire to succeed.
To be considered for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- be graduating from an accredited high school located in the Youngsville area.
- be graduating in the spring of 2023 with plans to attend an accredited college, university,
- 2-year post-secondary institution or technical school in the fall of 2023 have maintained a 3.0 GPA based on 7 high school semesters
- have scored 21 or higher on the ACT exam to be awarded the $1,000 scholarships or 18 or higher on the ACT exam to be awarded the $500 scholarships
- complete the scholarship application and submit it with a personal essay and other required documents
Eligible scholarship applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee selected by the Rotary Board Club of Youngsville Board of Directors. Finalists will attend formal interviews conducted by the Scholarship Committee. Four (4) scholarship recipients will then be selected.
The Scholarship Committee will award a total of $3,000 in scholarships to 4 recipients. Each recipient will receive a one-time $500 (for Tech-type school or 2-year post-secondary institution) or $1,000 (for 4-year university) for study beginning in fall 2023. The scholarship can be used for any school related expenses. A check will be issued in fall 2023 once proof of school registration has been provided to the Rotary Club of Youngsville.
Applicants must submit the following documents in one application package to qualify for consideration.
- a completed scholarship application form
- a current seven semester high school transcript
- copy of official ACT results
- two letters of recommendation
- a personal essay
Application packages (application, letters of recommendation, official transcript, copy of ACT scores and essay) must be received no later than Friday, March 31, 2023 by mail. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all documents are received by the Rotary Club of Youngsville by the deadline.
Incomplete or late application packages will not be considered.
Rotary Club of Youngsville
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 1133
Youngsville, LA 70592
AWARD DATE & NOTIFICATION
Scholarship recipients will be notified in April 2023. All other applicants will be sent an email update and results will be made public shortly thereafter.
Please direct questions regarding the Youngsville Rotary scholarship to Michele Naquin, President of Rotary Club of Youngsville at (225) 571-5505.