Sunday, May 19, 2024
Sunday, May 19, 2024

Camper Fire on Marie Street

Lafayette, LA – At 4:50 p.m., the owner of a camper in the 200 block of Marie Street called 911 to report smoke coming from the camper. When firefighters arrived, the camper, in the backyard, was engulfed in flames. Suppression crews quickly deployed hose lines to extinguish the fire and protect the home. The home was spared, but the camper was completely destroyed by the fire.

The owner’s brother lived in the camper. While working on an electrical malfunction, the breakers arced and ignited combustible materials. He escaped the smoke-filled camper with only a minor burn.

The fire was ruled an accident.

Disclaimer: Opinions, editorials, letters to the editor, or content from external sources published on BY Local News LLC do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of BY Local News LLC or its owner.

RELATED ARTICLES