Thursday, December 7, 2023
Thursday, December 7, 2023
--- Advertisements ---
ad: Beal & Hebert Attorneys

Morning Camper Fire Results in 2 Dogs Perishing

For immediate release:                                                                                       

December 29, 2022                                                                                             

Lafayette, LA – Firefighters from Judice, Duson, and Scott Fire Departments responded to a camper fire in the 900 block of Killdee Lane in the parish. The camper was being used as a permanent resident by a 58-year-old disabled male. The occupant was alerted by his dog barking and a loud sound. When he awakened, an electrical receptacle was on fire in the living area. The occupant was able to exited the camper along with one of his 3 dogs. The two other dogs perished in the fire. He alerted another resident on the property of the fire. The adult male, his caretaker, assist the disabled gentleman from the exterior of the camper.

Firefighters arrived on scene and discovered the entire camper on fire. They were able to extinguish the fire within 20 minutes. However, the fire completely damaged the camper.

The occupant was not injured while escaping the fire.

--- Advertisements ---

Fire officials confirmed the fire originated in the electrical receptacle in the living room. There were multiple items plugged in the outlet. They experienced an electrical issue with the outlet before. An overloaded electrical receptacle led to an electrical malfunction. The fire was ruled an accident.

--- Advertisements ---

Advertise, Sponsor or Contribute on

BYLN does not have subscriptions and therefore is free for anyone to view. BYLN is monetized by way of advertisers, sponsors, contributors, and ads through Google Adsense.

For advertising or contributing please click Advertise with Us or Contribute to BY Local News. For sponsorships, please email

Advertise Sponsor Contribute