by KAREN LAGRANGE COX
As an Investment Wealth Manager, Ken Stansbury affirms he takes his role seriously as he is entrusted by his clients for their financial security. When managing the finances of his clients, he holds himself to the highest levels of integrity by being accountable and by doing his absolute best for all his clients.
Stansbury’s work as an Investment Wealth Manager and Certified Fund Specialist is through the Cornerstone Financial Group in Lafayette, where he has worked since 2007. He also provides Investment Planning and Retirement Planning.
A goal Stansbury says he works toward is to know and to continually exceed his client’s expectations. To accomplish this, he tasks himself to be a trusted resource to his clients by providing education and guidance to create their financial goals and plans for their retirement.
A student of the investment world, Stansbury says he is motivated by continually learning. Or as he put it in another way, “he sharpens the saw to get a better room for growth.”
His accreditations and testing include:
- 2019 Chartered Financial Analyst, Level 1. Currently studying for level 2.
- Tested American College for Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- Accredited Fiduciary Investor
- Certified Fund Specialist
Prior to joining Cornerstone, Stansbury previously worked for MassMutual in life and disability insurance.
When asked if being in the financial field helps him serve in his role as a Youngsville City Council Member, Stansbury replied what benefits him most for that role is the military. His military experience taught him to be decisive, an important skill for him as a city council member. He has been a council member since 2015.
At the age of twenty-nine, Stansbury joined the Air Force National Guard (ANG) where he attended officer training school and became an Intel Officer. He also attended Applied Military Science School (AMS).
He went on to the Louisiana National Guard in 2007 serving as an Intelligence Officer for the 122nd Air Support Operations Squadron.
Stansbury had walked on to play football on the Ragin Cajun Football Team and received a football scholarship from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette (UL) where he graduated with a business degree. He went on to earn his Master’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Phoenix in Lafayette.
Witnessing the giving and help his parents had provided to others, resulted in Stansbury doing the same as his parents had done. Aside from being a Youngsville City Council Member, Stansbury’s list of community involvement include:
- Acadiana Veterans Alliance, past Advisory Committee Member
- Escape from Poverty Board, President
- Goodwill of Acadiana, Board Member
- Lafayette Economic Development Authority (LEDA) Industrial Board, past Member
- Lafayette Economic Development Authority (LEDA) Board, past Member
- Lafayette South Rotary Club, former President, and Assistant District Governor
- Leadership Lafayette, past Member
- Leadership Louisiana, past Member
- Leadership Youngsville, Program Pioneer
- Rotary Club of Youngsville, Member, and Charter President
- “Y” of Acadiana, former Chief Volunteer officer
Stansbury resides in Youngsville with his wife and three children.
For more information on Cornerstone, visit their website.
Free Business / Organization Profile Spotlight
If you want a free business spotlight for your small business or organization in Broussard or Youngsville, email BY Local News at email@example.com.
Lafayette small business profiles and organizations are available, with one business profile published on the first Wednesday of the month.