Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Tuesday, November 28, 2023
--- Advertisements ---
ad: Beal & Hebert Attorneys

Elderly Man Injured in Early Morning House Fire

For immediate release: December 4, 2022

Elderly Man Injured in Early Morning House

Lafayette, LA – At 4:40 am this morning, Lafayette firefighters responded to a house fire in the 100 block of Chag Street. When firefighters arrived on scene, flames were venting through the front door and windows of the dwelling. The owner of the home was outside safely at a neighbor’s home. Emergency crews entered the dwelling and extinguished the fire within fifteen minutes. The home sustained heavy fire damage.

The fire was reported by a neighbor who noticed the house on fire. He went across the street to assist the elderly owner out of the house. The 68-year-old gentleman escaped the dwelling with minor injuries to his hands. He was evaluated by Acadian Ambulance on scene and transported to a local hospital for further evaluation.

Fire officials determined the fire started in the front room of the home. A small heater fueled by propane is suspected to have ignited combustible materials. The fire has been ruled an accident.

--- Advertisements ---

Advertise, Sponsor or Contribute on BYLocalNews.com

BYLN does not have subscriptions and therefore is free for anyone to view. BYLN is monetized by way of advertisers, sponsors, contributors, and ads through Google Adsense.

For advertising or contributing please click Advertise with Us or Contribute to BY Local News. For sponsorships, please email info@BYLocalNews.com.

Advertise Sponsor Contribute
Subscribe to Free Daily Digest

Receive a daily email with our latest articles.

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.