Sunday, July 21, 2024
Sunday, July 21, 2024

House Fire on Bunche Street

NEWS RELEASE

April 19, 2023

Lafayette, LA – House fire in the 100 block of Bunche Street cause substantial fire damage to the residence and power outage to neighboring homes. Lafayette firefighters responded to multiple 911 calls of smoke coming from the back of the dwelling around 6:30 p.m. As emergency crews arrived on scene, smoke and flames were coming from the roof above the carport. The fire quickly spread through the attic and ignited a large section of the roof. Firefighters battled the fire for approximately 30 minutes before getting it under control. The heat from the fire damaged the electric service lines requiring LUS to disconnect the power to several homes. The services were restored once the fire was out.

The owners of the dwelling were home when the fire started. A neighbor notified them that the house was on fire. The 4 occupants exited the dwelling without any injuries.

Fire officials determined the fire originated on the exterior of the home; near the patio. The fire is under investigation.

Signup for FREE Daily Digest

Join our email list to get the latest articles straight to your inbox

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Disclaimer: Opinions, editorials, letters to the editor, or content from external sources published on BY Local News LLC do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of BY Local News LLC or its owner.

RELATED ARTICLES